Walk 4 Hope
Or do you know someone doing the walk that you would like to support? Find a fundraiser here.
Why a Walk?
The Walk 4 Hope began in 2014 at Parramatta and Speers Point and has grown to four different locations.
Isolation is experienced by many people affected by Huntington’s and with that in mind the walk was purposely designed to be inclusive for everyone to take part in their very own Walk 4 Hope. It is an opportunity for families and friends to come together, to share their stories and to know they are not alone in their battle with HD.
This year we are again impacted by COVID-19 but still need you to Walk 4 Hope.
In September the weather is getting warmer and the sun is shining – it’s a great time to get community involvement and awareness.
The Walk 4 Hope is going virtual. The best part is that people can participate from wherever they are! The dates have been set, let’s be seen – wear pink and green.
- Parramatta – Sunday 26 September
- Speers Point – Sunday 19 September
- Orange – Saturday 18 September
- Canberra – Sunday 12 September
- Family (2 adults and 2 children) $50
- Adult (18+ years) $25
- Child (4 to 17 years) $10
- Infant (0 to 3 years) complimentary
You can even make it a team event and do some other activities in September. Set yourself some challenges and get donations along the way to keep you going.
- Go Casual Day or Dress up Day “Be Seen Wear Pink & Green” at work with colleagues donating to Huntington’s NSW ACT through your Walk 4 Hope challenge
- Challenge your workmates to join you on the walk
- Ask your local gym to get involved, do a spin class for HD
- Get some walking buddies together, set yourselves a challenge. Aim for a half hour walk each day and ask them all to sign up as a team, encourage them to obtain their own sponsors for Walk 4 Hope
- 10,000 steps a day in September translates to 300,000 steps! Post your challenge to your social media network such as Facebook and Instagram
- Share your photos and stories
With almost half of our income (excluding NDIS) coming from fundraising activities like the Walk 4 Hope, we are relying on you to register and show your support. Your donation helps us to provide much needed assistance:
- for young people at risk of inheriting Huntington’s disease who experience many difficulties on their Huntington’s journey, through our youth connection program;
- for carers and their families through the regional outreach program of support groups, awareness raising and community development;
- for people with their NDIS packages through the assistance of dedicated support workers.
It is only through the generosity of the fundraisers and donors that we can continue to support people impacted by Huntington’s disease. Every dollar is important to us and because of the generosity of people like you we continue to be able to support families impacted by Huntington’s disease. The Walk 4 Hope is the difference between shrinking or growing our programs.
What does my registration cover?
Your registration is your contribution to the charity, it is a virtual walk in 2021 and all registrations are tax deductible.
If you would like to purchase merchandise (like a t-shirt, drink bottle or hat) please make contact with us, fill in the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.