Walk 4 Hope
Or do you know someone doing the walk that you would like to support? Find a fundraiser here.
Why a Walk?
The Walk 4 Hope began in 2014 at Parramatta and Speers Point and has grown to four different locations.
Isolation is experienced by many people affected by Huntington’s and with that in mind the walk was purposely designed to be inclusive for everyone to take part in their very own Walk 4 Hope. It is an opportunity for families and friends to come together, to share their stories and to know they are not alone in their battle with HD.
In September the weather is getting warmer and the sun is shining – it’s a great time to get community involvement and awareness.
When you sign up for Walk 4 Hope, you can choose the location and date that suits you best. Walks are currently held in Canberra, Orange, Parramatta and Speers Point.
- Parramatta – Parramatta Park on Sunday 26 September
- Speers Point – Speers Point Park on Sunday 19 September
- Orange – Cook Park on Saturday 18 September
- Canberra – Weston Park on Sunday 12 September
- Family (2 adults and 2 children) $50
- Adult (18+ years) $25
- Child (4 to 17 years) $10
- Infant (0 to 3 years) complimentary
You can even make it a team event and do some other activities in September. Set yourself some challenges and get donations along the way to keep you going.
- Go Casual Day or Dress up Day “Be Seen Wear Pink & Green” at work with colleagues donating to Huntington’s NSW ACT through your Walk 4 Hope challenge
- Challenge your workmates to join you on the walk
- Ask your local gym to get involved, do a spin class for HD
- Get some walking buddies together, set yourselves a challenge. Aim for a half hour walk each day and ask them all to sign up as a team, encourage them to obtain their own sponsors for Walk 4 Hope
- 10,000 steps a day in September translates to 300,000 steps! Post your challenge to your social media network such as Facebook and Instagram
- Share your photos and stories
In just a few minutes you can build and customise your page with your story and photos. Share the link with your friends, family and colleagues and ask them to donate or even join your Walk 4 Hope team. Every donation is then recorded on your fundraising page with messages of support from your donors. The receipting is already done for you and you can send messages of thanks to your supporters.
It is only through the generosity of the fundraisers and donors that we can continue to support people impacted by Huntington’s disease.
What does my registration cover?
Your registration entitles you to take part in a walk. Your entry fees cover the costs of staging the Walk 4 Hope, just.
You will have the option at the walk to purchase merchandise (like a t-shirt or drink bottle) at the event.
What is online fundraising?
Online Fundraising is a platform where you can raise vital funds for the Walk. By creating an online fundraising page, you can direct people to donate straight to this page without the hassle of collecting money, sending in cheques or via bank transfer. Friends and family can support you wherever they are in the world.
Taking part couldn’t be easier. All you need to do is follow these two simple steps:
Step 1: Decide if you are planning to attend Canberra, Orange, Parramatta or Speers Point.
You can fundraise even if you are not able to attend the walk. You could easily do a virtual walk and track your steps.
Step 2: Set up an online fundraising page.
Your online fundraising page is simple to setup and, in just a matter of minutes, you’ll be able to email your friends, family and colleagues to ask them to sponsor your Walk 4 Hope.
We will be able to assist you to set up your online fundraising page – contact us using the form below, or call 02 9874 9777.