Leave a Gift in your Will
For over 40 years, many people have dedicated a gift in their Will to Huntington’s NSW ACT. This generosity has enabled us to support families and be a voice for those who have been affected or impacted by Huntington’s disease.
Gifts in Wills, both large and small, play a vital role in funding the support we offer to families who often have nowhere else to turn. By leaving a gift in your Will, you are showing your commitment to families who are affected by Huntington’s disease, helping ensure that they receive the support that is so desperately needed.
For more information or to speak to someone about your intentions, please contact our Gifts in Wills Manager on 61 2 9874 9777.
Types of Gifts you can include in your Will
A residual gift is a portion of your estate, or the balance remaining after your loved ones and expenses are provided for. A residual gift maintains the relative value of your gift and automatically adjusts to changes in the value of your estate. This is the type of gift we ask our supporters to consider because it does not decrease in value over time.
Percentage of your estate
Leaving a percentage of your estate allows you to nominate the share of your estate you would like to leave in your Will. It is not necessary to know the value of your estate, as the percentage will not come into play until all your estate is distributed.
Pecuniary gift – specific amount of money
Leaving a specific amount of money is a simple way of leaving a gift in your Will because you will know exactly how much Huntington’s NSW ACT will receive, regardless of any change in the value of your estate.
Fixed Specific Gift
You can leave a specific gift such as property, insurance policy, works of art, shares, land, jewellery or any other item of value.
Gifts of land
If you are intending to leave us a gift of this nature, we encourage you to contact us, so we can explore with you whether or not we will be able to retain or sell your land.
Suggested Will wording
We suggest you seek advice from a solicitor when drafting your Will as the correct wording for leaving a gift to Huntington’s NSW ACT is very important. Your solicitor can also provide you with more details about different types of gifts and what that may mean for your family.
Huntington’s NSW ACT
21 Chatham Road
West Ryde NSW 2114
ABN 54 571 730 306
Once you have included Huntington’s NSW ACT in your Will, please let us know, so that we can make personal contact and thank you personally.
What will you leave behind?
You don’t have to be wealthy to make a difference, people from all walks of life leave gifts in their Will to Huntington’s NSW ACT. What they have in common is a sense of caring, deep concern for the families who have been affected by Huntington’s disease, and the desire to make a positive difference for someone else long after they have gone.
Through the generosity of a gift in a Will a fund was established which enabled us to purchase Elsie Court which is now the office of Huntington’s NSW ACT in West Ryde.
Our Commitment to you
- We will continue to carry out our activities openly and with transparency to ensure you are kept up to date with the latest information in relation to Huntington’s disease.
- After you have looked after family and loved ones we are grateful for any gift you may choose to leave to Huntington’s NSW ACT.
- We will give you and your family the opportunity to connect with us and see firsthand the work we do, made possible by the generosity of people like you.
- We will ensure that all gifts are administered reliably and will work with all parties handling your gift with care, sensitivity and respect to ensure your wishes are met.
- We will always respect your privacy. Any information you give us regarding your Will shall be held in strict confidence and not be publicly disclosed during your lifetime without your expressed permission.
- We will thank you appropriately and ensure you are kept up to date with our latest activities.
Contact us for more information
To assist you when thinking about organising your Will we have prepared a free booklet. For further information on how to obtain a copy, or to speak to someone, please contact our Gifts in Wills Manager on 61 2 9874 9777 or email Gifts in Wills Manager.