Coping with Loss and Grief
This booklet summarises a number of activities that have been recommended by experts in grieving. You may be able to use these to help you come to terms with feelings of loss and grief related to HD.
Grief has many symptoms which can be physical, emotional and behavioural. It can be helpful to acknowledge these symptoms and understand where they come from and why. The booklet describes the different types and stages of grief, and outlines some things you can do which may help you during the grieving process.
This booklet covers:
– the different types of grief (physical, emotional, behavioural)
– the different stages of grief
– grief management activities and strategies
– what to do and what to avoid while grieving
– when to seek professional help
– losses other than death (independence, stability, etc)
– family members not at risk of HD
– moving beyond grief
– recommended resources.