Raising funds for Huntington’s NSW ACT is a fun way to get active or simply enjoy the event. September is Huntington’s Awareness Month and we want you to do something for Huntington’s in September. The Walk 4 Hope is held in September each year. Please do register now. We have waived registration fees for 2020 due to COVID-19.
Walk 4 Hope
The Walk 4 Hope began in 2014 at Parramatta and Speers Point and has grown to four different locations.
Why a Walk?
Isolation is experienced by many people affected by Huntington’s and with that in mind the walk was purposely designed to be inclusive for everyone to take part in their very own Walk 4 Hope. It is an opportunity for families and friends to come together, to share their stories and to know they are not alone in their battle with HD.
September is Huntington’s Awareness Month and a great time to get more community involvement and awareness.
Huntington’s NSW ACT supports families in NSW and the ACT. Thanks to the donations we receive from the Walk 4 Hope we can reach out to young people and offer some real support through our Youth Connection Program.
When you sign up for Walk 4 Hope, you can choose the location and date that suits you best. Walks are currently held in Canberra, Orange, Parramatta and Speers Point.
You can even make it a team event and do some other activities in September. Set yourself some challenges and get donations along the way to keep you going.
- Go Casual Day or Dress up Day “Be Seen Wear Pink & Green” at work with colleagues donating to Huntington’s NSW ACT through your Walk 4 Hope challenge
- Challenge your workmates to join you on the walk
- Ask your local gym to get involved, do a spin class for HD
- Get some walking buddies together, set yourselves a challenge. Aim for a half hour walk each day and ask them all to sign up as a team, encourage them to obtain their own sponsors for Walk 4 Hope
- 10,000 steps a day in September translates to 300,000 steps! Post your challenge to your social media network such as Facebook and Instagram
- Share your photos and stories
Create your own online fundraising page
In just a few minutes you can build and customise your page with your story and photos. Share the link with your friends, family and colleagues and ask them to donate or even join your Walk 4 Hope team. Every donation is then recorded on your fundraising page with messages of support from your donors. The receipting is already done for you and you can send messages of thanks to your supporters.
Your entry fees just cover the costs of staging the Walk 4 Hope. (We have waived registration fees in 2020 due to COVID-19.)
It is only through the generosity of the fundraisers and donors that we can continue to support people impacted by Huntington’s disease.
What does my registration cover?
Your registration entitles you to take part in a walk and gives you the option to purchase a T-shirt or cap to wear at the walk.
What is online fundraising?
Online Fundraising is a platform where you can raise vital funds for the Walk. By creating an online fundraising page, you can direct people to donate straight to this page without the hassle of collecting money, sending in cheques or via bank transfer. Friends and family can support you wherever they are in the world.
Taking part couldn’t be easier. All you need to do is follow these two simple steps:
Decide if you are planning to attend Canberra, Orange, Parramatta or Speers Point and register (no cost to register in 2020 due to COVID-19).
You can fundraise for a Walk whether you are planning to attend or not. However, if you are planning to attend a Walk, you do need to register.
We’d love to see you at one of the walks. Join us and join the Walk 4 Hope.
Step 2: Set up an online fundraising page.
Your online fundraising page is simple to setup and, in just a matter of minutes, you’ll be able to email your friends, family and colleagues to ask them to sponsor your Walk 4 Hope.
- Register now.
- Create your own online fundraising page to raise funds in an individual name.
- Create your own online fundraising page to raise funds in a team name. We will be able to assist you to set up your online fundraising page – contact us using the form below, or call 02 9874 9777.